The Joseph Rank Trust was established in June 2002. It represents an amalgamation of a number of charities established by the late Mr. Joseph Rank (1854 - 1943), or members of his family, during the period from October 1918 to April 1942. The Trust is a registered charity and a company limited by guarantee.
We are an independent Christian grant-maker and work with all Christian denominations in the United Kingdom. The principal object of the Trust is "to advance the Christian Faith" - to further the Kingdom of God.
The original Trusts represented a practical expression of the strong Christian beliefs of their founder and his desire
to advance the Christian faith and to help the less fortunate members of society.
Today the Trustees of the Trust seek to continue the work and generosity of Joseph Rank by pursuing specific areas of interest.
1. If you need ANY advice on the application process please contact our helpful Secretary by telephone or by email. We are approachable and welcome your queries. Click here: contact
2. Check to see if the Trust may consider your project - click here for details of our areas of interest
3. Having checked whether your project is not outside our remit, please read the details given on the web page applying for grants
4. Ensure you have other sources of funding or can match any funding the Trust might provide (not applicable for capital grants). Annual accounts and detailed budgets will be requested.
5. Do not apply if you have sufficient reserves to fund your project (undesignated or unrestricted).
Web site (designed and maintained by the Trust) was last updated by a real person on:
Monday 4th July 2022
Grant commitments are decided by the Board of Trustees.
Grant commitments made in 2022 and 2021 and the Annual Report and Accounts for the year ended 31/12/2020 can be found in the links below:
Grants made to date in 2022:
Grants made in 2021:
2021 Grant data Click here
2020 Annual Report and Accounts
Year ended 31st December 2020
Showcasing our work
Do visit our updated Links Page for examples of projects that the Trust is funding. Please click here for links to current grants
Adobe Acrobat reader is required to view PDF files on this site. Click the icon below to download it.
Grant Making Data 2017 to 2021
The Trust is committed to transparency and we work with 360Giving to publish data about our grants. For a detailed visual analysis of our grant data between 2017 and 2021 click here
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License which means the data is freely accessible to anyone to be used and shared as they wish. Click here for a copy of this license. The data must be attributed to The Joseph Rank Trust.
Joseph Rank Exhibition
A permanent exhibition on the life and work of the Founder was opened on 10th April 2013 at the Streetlife Museum in Hull. Mr Colin Rank presided. Click here for a photograph of the exhibition.
Tony Reddall R.I.P.
Mr Reddall sadly died on 25 December 2021. He was a Trustee for 48 years (1973 - 2021). To read his obituary published in The Methodist Newsletter in April 2022 click here - the author was Rev David Mullan.
©Copyright The Joseph Rank Trust 2008